Francesco Gaetano Caltagirone
- Vicarious Vice-chair
- Non Independent Director
- Non-executive Director
- Member of the Investments and Strategic Operations Committee
- Member of the Appointments and Remuneration Committee
- Born in Rome on 2 March 1943
Francesco Gaetano Caltagirone has been a member of the Board of Directors of Assicurazioni Generali since April 2007 and has been Vice-Chairman since April 2010. After studying engineering, he re-launched his family’s construction firm, extending its business to the cement and media sectors, giving rise to one of the largest Italian business groups, which includes four publicly listed companies and significant strategic holdings, and has a growing international presence. He was awarded the title of Cavaliere del Lavoro (captain of industry) in 2006.
RELEVANT POSITIONS FOR OUR POLICY ON THE PLURALITY OF OFFICES
- Chair of Caltagirone S.p.A
- Chair of Caltagirone Editore S.p.A
- Non-executive member of the Board of Directors of Cimentas
(Caltagirone Editore S.p.A. and Cimentas belong to the Caltagirone Group)
- Chair of Il Messaggero S.p.A (Il Messaggero belongs to the Caltagirone Group)
- Non-executive member of the Board of Directors of Aalborg Portland Holding A/S
For information on Francesco Gaetano Caltagirone’s shareholdings, see the shareholdings section.