Your development with us
Your development is essential to unlocking our collective potential.
Your experience with Generali will enable you to take your career to the next level through the insight and knowledge that we gain from growing together.
We are world renowned for our technical expertise and continue to ensure that our people have the insight that sets us apart from our competitors.
From our bright young graduates to senior leaders, development is at the heart of our culture. We can succeed- both today and tomorrow - because we care about developing our people.
Let our talent nurture your talent.
€ 60 mln
invested in training in 2022
average cost of training per person
average hours of training per person *
of our people took part in training in 2022
* in details:
33.3 average hours of training per capita MALE
30.8 average hours of training per capita FEMALE
30.8 average hours of training per capita MANAGERS
29.9 average hours of training per capita MIDDLE MANAGERS
27.4 average hours of training per capita EMPLOYEES
45.9 average hours of training per capita SALES ATTENDANTS
We believe in continuous training and growth of our people through the development of new business, digital and behavioural skills that we figure are necessary to grow in the digital age and be successful in the future market environment.
Therefore We LEARN program was created, a broad upskilling initiative for all Generali’s people and designed to support the strategic initiatives of Generali 2024.
We LEARN program offers a new learning experience thanks to a global platform and innovative training components.
Discover more about We LEARN here.
Managerial Acceleration Program (Map) And MAP2TheNew
Since 2020, we have faced unexpected challenges, prompting an evolution in the way we work and our managerial approach. To harness the benefits of the Next Normal, we introduced MAP2TheNew, a global management training program designed from the first Managerial Acceleration Program and our cultural underpinnings – the Lifetime Partner Behaviours and GEM principles, and rooted in trust, ownership, meritocracy, and accountability. With the goal of equipping over 8,000 Generali people managers with essential skills for leading in hybrid work settings, it achieved 100% coverage by the end of 2022.
In 2023, as global scenario remains uncertain, the need for managers to adapt to dynamic contexts, embrace innovation, foster Sustainability and inclusion, and address hybrid work and talent management challenges has grown to grant a seamless execution of our Group Strategy. That’s why we’re preparing a new managerial program set to launch in 2024.
Global Leadership Program
To drive Generali’s growth in today’s increasingly challenging economic and geopolitical scenario, we strongly need effective leaders and promising Talents, which is why we continuously invest in their development. Being a role model for the Group, Talents require the right technical\managerial skills and mindset to successfully implement business transformation, incorporate sustainability, and act swiftly to drive innovation, DEI, and cultural evolution in the Next Normal.
At Generali we always strive to provide development opportunities to out Talents, which includes new generations and senior leaders, to support them in leading people and organizations, ensuring our business results for long-term competitiveness:
- 360° FEEDBACK SURVEY, a leadership development tool to further develop leaders' self-awareness within the Group, enhance their decision-making abilities in uncertain situations, and encourage them to act as role models, promoting an inclusive work environment;
- LEADERSHIP PROGRAM, a 5-day program with MIT to explore the challenges and opportunities of the new macroeconomic context, embrace innovative work paradigms, and delve into relevant topics such as sustainability, Generative AI, and new technologies through a mix of interactive lectures and company visits;
- RECIPROCAL MENTORING PROGRAM, a 1-year learning journey based on ownership, exchange, and reciprocity for 400 Senior Managers and Future Owners (Generali young talents) to foster growth and global mindset, innovation, and intergenerational diversity. Each of them plays the role of both Mentor and Mentee along the journey, challenging each other and building a strong and reciprocal relationship based on trust and openness.
Group Talent Management and Leadership Development
We are aware that the success of a sustainable business depends on the involvement of people and talent development. Therefore, we always strive to provide development opportunities to our Talents to support them in leading people and organizations.
As a consequence, in line with the Generali Competency Model, we have developed specific global processes and initiatives:
- GLG Performance Management and Talent Review Process: an annual process involving the Senior Leaders of the Group, which aims to develop global leaders.
- Talents Review: an annual process, carried out with the full involvement of the HR and Business leaders, that aims to discuss the acceleration and growth of selected Talents, also with a strong focus on DE&I, in order to build a sustainable leadership pipeline.
- Development Center: an important step in our Talent identification process characterized by the completion of a leadership and behavior assessment to ensure the coherence with the Generali Lifetime Partner Competency Model.
- We GROW: an internal global platform where open opportunities are shared in a fair and transparent way with Talents from the Group to accelerate their growth through diverse professional experiences at international and cross-functional level, empowering them to take ownership of their career development. This is a key lever to invest in the growth of our people, developing their skills through internal mobility.