- Independent Director
- Non-executive Director
- Member of the Corporate Governance, social and environmental Sustainability Committee
- Member of the Related Party Transactions Committee
- Born in Rome on 17 May 1958
Antonella Mei-Pochtler has been appointed member of the Board of Directors of Assicurazioni Generali on 7 May 2019.
Antonella Mei-Pochtler grew up in Rome and attended the German School. After graduating in 1976 she studied business administration at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich and at the University La Sapienza in Rome. She earned her MBA in 1983 at INSEAD in Fontainebleau, in France. She started her career in 1984 at Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in Munich. Six years later, in 1990, when she was 31 years old, she was promoted as one of the youngest Partners and first female Managing Director in Germany. In 1997 she opened BCG’s Vienna Office and led it till 2003. She became the Global Branding Topic Leader in 1999, member of the European Management Team from 2002 to 2006 and member of the global Executive Committee from 2006 to 2011.
She was member of the Board of Directors of J.A. Benckiser SE and PPCapital and Chief of the Supervisory Board of Wolford AG.
She is currently serving as Special Advisor to the Austrian Chancellor and as Senior Advisor of The Boston Consulting Group.
RELEVANT POSITIONS ACCORDING TO OUR DIRECTORS OVERBOARDING POLICY
- Member of the Supervisory Board and of the Remuneration Committee of Publicis Groupe SA.
- Deputy chair of the Supervisory Board of Westwing AG.
- Member of the Supervisory Board of DKMS (German Bone Marrow Donor Association) and of Teach For All, a global network aimed at fostering educational opportunity – all pro bono activities.