- Independent Director
- Non-executive Director
- Member of the Corporate Governance, social and environmental Sustainability Committee
- Member of the Related Party Transactions Committee
- Born in Rome on 17 May 1958
Antonella Mei-Pochtler has been appointed as member of the Board of Directors of Assicurazioni Generali on 7 May 2019.
Mrs Mei-Pochtler is an Italian Citizen based in Austria. She was born in Rome and attended the German School where she graduated with honors, winning a DAAD-scholarship to study business administration at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich and at the University La Sapienza in Rome. In 1983 she earned an MBA with distinction at INSEAD, Fontainebleau, and then started her career as management consultant at the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in Munich, where she focussed on consumer strategies, media and digital transformation. In 1990 she became one of the youngest Partners and first female Managing Director in Germany. In 1997 she opened BCG’s Vienna Office and led it till 2003. She became the Global Branding Topic Leader in 1999, member of the European Management Team from 2002 to 2006 and member of the global Executive Committee from 2006 to 2011.
She has extensive Board experience both in the profit and not-for-profit area, having served on the Board of Directors of J.A. Benckiser SE, of PPCapital and of Wolford AG, from 2015-2017 as Chairwoman, and of Business@School, an educational project, Phorms S.E., a school network, and DKMS, the German Bone Marrow Donor Association.
She is currently serving as Special Advisor to the Austrian Chancellor and as Senior Advisor of The Boston Consulting Group.
RELEVANT POSITIONS ACCORDING TO OUR DIRECTORS OVERBOARDING POLICY
- Member of the Supervisory Board and of the Remuneration Committee of Publicis Groupe SA.
- Deputy chair of the Supervisory Board of Westwing AG.
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Teach For All, a global network aimed at fostering educational opportunity – a pro bono activity.