We are one of the world's biggest insurers, with an innovative product offering, a multichannel distribution strategy and a significant geographical diversification.
We aim to become and remain the most trusted Investments, Asset Management and Wealth Management partner for all our stakeholders
Our activities span the Life Business (savings, family protection and unit-linked policies, etc.) and the P&C business (car, home, accident and health insurance, etc.). We are among the leaders in the retail sector and over time have strengthened our position in the corporate sector with a dedicated international unit.
We operate through a multichannel strategy to meet our clients' different needs. Alongside our international network of agents and financial advisors, we have added brokers, bancassurance and direct phone and web channels, in which we have become the European leader.
Group Highlights at December 31, 2017
Total gross written premiums by Country, Region, Unit
INVESTMENTS, ASSET & WEALTH MANAGEMENT
We are an active global player in asset management, with more than 500 billion euro of assets.
All Group’s units operating in investments, asset management and wealth management are unified into a specific, single Business Unit.
(Figures at December 31, 2017)
Coherently with the Group asset management strategy announced in May 2017, the new business unit aims at expanding the customer base to third–party clients, transforming the asset management arm of the Group from an insurance services provider in a foremost player in the asset management industry.
A leaner, more efficient and more modern organizational structure will allow the Group to:
- exploit cross-selling and rationalization opportunities in order to reach a broader customer base increasing the weight of third-party customers, and to change the business mix by shifting to more capital-light products. One such example is the launch of the Liability-Driven Investment Solutions, which aims to offer insurance investments advisory services, internally developed, to external institutional clients
- create a solid and lean platform that facilitates the development of the Multi-boutique model, which consists in the creation of asset & savings management firms in partnership with expertise on niche asset classes and guarantees the interests alignment between the Boutiques’ management and the Group, alongside with limited risk for our shareholders.
The Unit operates in three areas:
- Investment Management: implementation of Asset Liability Management (ALM) and Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) models for Group Insurance Companies
- Asset Management: asset management services targeted mainly at insurance clients, with the goal to widen the client base to third-party customers, both institutional (such as pension funds and foundations) and retail
- Wealth Management: financial advisory and wealth protection services offered to private clients, mainly through Banca Generali Group.