Following a first wave of process enhancements aimed at improving customer satisfaction with claims processes, based on implementation of the Group T-NPS methodology to claims processes, the Group has been working on a more systematic review and personalization of claims journeys, combining human care, more innovative services and technology & data.
These developments are primarily focused on the following lines of business:
- motor material damage
- household claims
- medical expenses
Typical examples of activities for the innovation and redesign of claims processes towards a New Claims Journey, are the following:
- emote and automatic first notification of loss (fnol), whether via mobile, web or equivalent applications, to accelerate initial take-up by claims handlers; more generally, customer self-serve functionalities;
- applications to guide customers towards preferred processes and partners (e.g. most convenient motor body-shop, repairer, doctor & medical structure or cash settlement), to ensure appropriate and speedy customer service;
- remote appraisals in Motor and Property, whether based on customer own or preferred repairers’/experts’ applications (mobile / web), to expedite damage expertise, so as to accelerate claims resolution & settlements, as most convenient to the customer;
- remote medical appointments in Medical expenses, on companies’ own applications or network providers applications (mobile/web), to facilitate easy access to care;
- robotized applications, to automate back-office low-value activities and tasks along the claims process value chain, incl. payments/reimbursements to customers / professionals;
- bot applications with artificial intelligence (AI) to assist, triage and guide applying customers towards the most claims appropriate handler/process;
- more generally, sophistication in decision making: use of data analytics, automatic claims routing, automation of controls.
A further priority at Group level is to also promote, in the case of personal assistance, at-a-distance services, including for Seniors, Teleassistance, Telemedicine and more generally Home assistance.