Charter of sustainability commitments
The Charter of Sustainability Commitments was approved in March 2017 by the Board of Directors of Assicurazioni Generali to renew our commitments towards Generali’s stakeholders and the wider society around us.
The Charter sets out Generali’s vision for running a sustainable business and shaping a sustainable world. It makes concrete commitments to address the business topics that are material to our role in society and our reputation as a corporate citizen.
This document represents the strategic ambition of Generali to be an excellent and trustworthy leader. It guides the Group in creating long-term value for all stakeholders, to improve their satisfaction and to inspire trust in Generali’s brand.
Thanks to an intensive dialogue with the internal and external stakeholders, as well as the top management, eight priorities have been defined for the coming three years.
- Respond to the megatrends which shape our business and our world;
- Be the first choice for our clients;
- Value our distributors;
- Foster change from within the financial community;
- Build an inspiring work environment for our people;
- Offer an unrivalled service together with our contractual partners;
- Achieve a tangible impact in our communities;
- Be trusted as a committed corporate citizen.
The progress will be monitored annually and communicated to stakeholders. The objectives of the Charter will also be updated, to take into account the results achieved and the new needs that will emerge.