Asset & Wealth Management
The Business Unit gathers the Group’s main companies operating in asset management and wealth management.
Figures as at 31.12.2021
|Asset & Wealth Management|
|Total operating results||€ 1,044 mln|
The business unit includes Generali Group’s activities in:
All activities operate under Generali Investments umbrella brand which acts as an ecosystem of investment firms managing assets on behalf of the Group and of third party customers both institutional and retail.
With a presence in more than 15 countries in Europe, Generali Investments covers a wide spectrum of competencies from Liability Driven Investments, thanks to Generali Insurance Asset Management serving insurance companies, pension funds and endowments across Europe, to unconstrained investments with a unique performance-linked fee thanks to Aperture Investors, to Alternative UCIT thanks to Lumyna Investments, one of the largest providers in Europe, to benchmark-free portfolios built through a multi-strategy approach thanks to Plenisfer Investments.
In the Real Assets segment, the capabilities in the real estate, infrastructures, private equity and private debt are led by Generali Real Estate and Generali Global Infrastructures.
A key part of our ecosystem is Sycomore Asset Management, a pioneer in ESG investments with a unique range of social, societal and environmental impact funds.
Generali Investments Partners is the distribution hub for all our solutions. The firm has also investment capabilities in fixed income, thematic equities and multi asset/balanced portfolios and alternative asset classes.
Financial planning and asset protection for customers through a network of consultants at the top of the sector in terms of skills and professionalism, mainly through Banca Generali, a leading private bank in Italy.
The Asset & Wealth Management business is a strategic pillar of the Group’s business plan 2022-2024. The aim is at expanding the dimensions of the business segment to become a reference partner not only for the insurance companies of Generali, with synergies in the unit-linked offering, but also growing third party clients.
Key drivers for the business unit’s growth are:
- Enrich real assets capabilities, thus contributing to further general account optimization and 3rd party client development. In the real assets segment the business unit has acknowledged investment capabilities and expertise thanks to its specialized companies (such as Generali Real Estate and Generali Global Infrastructures) covering real estate, infrastructures, private equity and private debt.
- Enhance investment strategies to enrich Life and Asset Management offering and support Group Unit Linked strategy.
- Expand distribution capabilities thus reaching new opportunities in terms of clients base and markets.
- Strengthen the ESG criteria framework across the company’s investment solutions in order to combine financial performance with the environmental, social and governance factors.
A strong focus is on growing our digital footprint which is critical for our strategy implementation and to improve the customer experience. New digital solutions, for example in Artificial Intelligence, are being explored to take our transformation to the next level and build the foundations as an asset manager leading the future.
MANAGER IN CHARGE
Since March 2021 Carlo Trabattoni has been CEO of the Asset & Wealth Management Business Unit.
MAIN GROUP COMPANIES
- Banca Generali (www.bancagenerali.com) is a private bank that takes care of the heritage of families through highly experienced financial advisors and accompanies their clients in every step of the way towards achieving their life goals. Since 2006, Banca Generali S.p.A. has been listed on the main index of the Milan Stock Exchange, the FTSE MIB and is among the 40 companies included in the new MIB ESG index of Borsa Italiana and Euronext, which identifies the listed companies with the best ESG practices.
- Generali Insurance Asset Management offers Asset Liability Management (ALM), Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) and Capital Management capabilities. The firm has managed bespoke LDI mandates for pension schemes and insurers since 2005 and has managed Generali Group insurance portfolios and pension mandates since 1998.
- Generali Real Estate (https://www.generalirealestate.com/) has around 370 professionals that operate in nine different countries covering all the real estate value chain: investment, asset and property management. The portfolio under management comprises a unique mix of historical and modern properties, ranging from landmark buildings to new architectural masterpieces, which has enabled the company to develop best-in-class skills in the fields of technological innovation, sustainability and urban development. Its Luxembourg funds range offers efficiency and diversification, and covers the full risk return spectrum from core to development in several sectors.
- Generali Global Infrastructure invests in global infrastructure debt and equity across the capital structure that aims to generate sustainable returns. Its investments that address the major challenges facing our society, such as the energy transition, green mobility, the digital transition and social infrastructure needs.
- Generali Investment Luxembourg S.A. (GIL), is a management company under Luxembourg law. Offers a wide range of fund structures such as UCITS, real estate funds, SIFs, AIFs and non-UCITS vehicles.
- Generali Investment Holding SpA, which acts as a holding company, holds the share capital of the asset management firms and of the Legal Entities such as GIAM, GIP, GIL It provides a wide range of services to support the asset management activities.
- Generali Investment Switzerland, headquartered in Zurich, is in charge for managing the assets of the Swiss insurance company.
- Generali Investments CEE is an investment company providing services to individual investors and institutions in the field of collective investment and asset management operating in the Central Eastern Europe area.
- Generali Investments Partners offers in-house fixed income, thematic equities and multi asset/balanced portfolios, as well as a range of private asset strategies. The firm is also the main distribution hub for Generali Investments ecosystem, acting as lead client relationship manager for all the asset management firms.
- Generali China AMC, born in 2013, is a joint venture between Assicurazioni Generali and China National Petroleum Corporation. It works with all the main asset classes, including liquid assets, fixed income, stocks, and real estate.
- Guotai AMC, is a joint venture between Guotai and Assicurazioni Generali, authorized to manage all asset classes, including corporate pension plans in the Chinese market.
- Plenisfer Investments, a goal-based firm, offering unconstrained, total return, multi-asset strategies. The firm offers UCITS funds, bespoke mandates, and investment consulting
- Aperture Investors noffers unconstrained investment strategies and a unique fee model that aligns fund manager incentives with client performance. Aperture’s highly experienced credit and equity investment teams are based in New York and London.
- Lumyna Investments is one of the oldest, largest and most successful Alternative UCITS providers in Europe. The firm brings best-of-breed hedge fund managers to the European market via regulated, liquid and transparent UCITS vehicles.
- Sycomore Asset Management has been a pioneer in ESG investments with a unique proprietary research methodology. Its fund range offers several Article 8 and Article 9 funds.
- Axis Retail Partners is a team of specialist retail real estate investment and asset managers. The firm has an analytical approach to investing with strong focus on data as the key driver behind underwriting and decision-making.