Investments, Asset & Wealth Management
The business unit unifies in a single entity the Group’s units operating in investments, asset management and wealth management.
Figures as at December 31, 2017
Coherently with the Group asset management strategy announced in May 2017, the new business unit’s ambition lies in expanding the customer base (mostly captive at the moment) to third–party clients, transforming the asset management arm of the Group from an insurance services provider in a foremost player in the asset management industry.
A leaner, more efficient and more modern organizational structure will allow the Group to:
- exploit cross-selling and rationalization opportunities in order to reach a broader customer base increasing the weight of third-party customers, and to change the business mix by shifting to more capital-light products. One such example is the launch of the Liability-Driven Investment Solutions, which aims to offer insurance investments advisory services, internally developed, to external institutional clients;
- create a solid and lean platform that facilitates the development of the Multi-boutique model, which consists in the creation of asset&savings management firms in partnership with expertise on niche asset classes and guarantees the interests alignment between the Boutiques’ management and the Group, alongside with limited risk for our shareholders.
The new business unit operates in three areas:
- Investment Management: implementation of Asset Liability Management (ALM) and Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) models for Group Insurance Companies;
- Asset Management: asset management services targeted mainly at insurance clients, with the goal to widen the client base to third-party customers, both institutional (such as pension funds and foundations) and retail;
- Wealth Management: financial advisory and wealth protection services offered to private clients, mainly through Banca Generali Group.
MAIN GROUP COMPANIES
Gruppo Banca Generali (www.bancagenerali.com)
The Banca Generali Group’s goal is to allow the Generali Group to gather within one company all its activities related to offering and managing financial products for the Italian retail market. To guarantee proper customer service, Banca Generali Group established 2 different distribution channels: Banca Generali and Banca Generali Private Banking.
GRE SGR (www.gresgr.it)
Since July 2015, Servizi Real Estate Italia and Generali Immobiliare Italia SGR S.p.A. merged into Generali Real Estate S.p.A. - Società di Gestione del Risparmio (GRE SGR), owned for 100% by Generali Real Estate S.p.A. which manages the real estate of Gruppo Generali worldwide. GRE SGR focuses on esteems of real estate in Italy.