Advice for your application
To help you when applying for a role with us, we have some useful advice and tips.
Our interview process may vary from country to country, but Generali has a shared approach to understand if we are the right match to work together.
Our selection process is about getting to know each other.
When you apply to join us, we will use a wide range of tools to assess your skills, background and personality, ranging from interviews to assessment centres. This will help us understand if we are the right fit for one other, and if the role you have applied for is right for you.
- a proven brilliant academic career
- Full professional proficiency in English and at least one other language
- a team player who will execute strategy with an outstanding knowledge of the insurance sector
- a highly motivated person with an open mind-set and a willingness to relocate globally
- willingness to take ownership and to go the extra mile
- a brave contributor who wants to make a difference with the work you do
Like most large employers, we receive many applications. Making yours stands out and differentiating yourself from the other candidates requires careful reflection on your skills and on how well they match the role you are applying for.
Here are some points to consider:
- make sure you complete your application fully and correctly
- make sure that you’ve presented clear evidence that you possess all the qualities and skills we require
- think of the person reviewing your application. Break long sections into shorter paragraphs and develop the details of your application
- we are interested in what you’ve done, but we are especially interested in what you’ve achieved and learned
- check grammar and spelling, and get someone to proofread your application
- be yourself and stand out. Let us see your skills, personality and experience
Do you have any advice for my interview?
The best advice we can give you? Don’t forget to prepare!
If your initial job application is successful, we will contact you to set up an interview. Interviews are a great way for us to get to know each other and understand if we are the right match.
We’d recommend that you consider:
- read about who we are and how we work in this website
- arrive early and introduce yourself
- sit up straight and make eye contact with the interviewer
- speak with clarity and confidence
- talk about your strengths and weaknesses
- listen and be attentive to the interviewer
- after the interview, reflect on the experience including what went well and how you could improve in the future
- let us know if any of your information changes