Generali awarded at the MF Insurance Awards 2024
A total of 10 awards have been given to Assicurazioni Generali, Generali Italia, and Alleanza for products and services in the various award categories, confirming the acceleration of Generali's innovation strategy
Assicurazioni Generali, Generali Italia, and Alleanza are the most distinguished companies in the insurance industry according to the MF Insurance Awards, which are conferred every year by MF – Milano Finanza of the Class Editori group to certify excellence in the insurance industry.
A total of 10 prizes were awarded to products and services in the various categories, confirming the acceleration of Generali's innovation strategy: from Assicurazioni Generali’s “MF Innovation” award for Generali Innovation Champion Program to the “Insurer of the year” recognition conferred to Giancarlo Fancel, Country Manager & CEO di Generali Italia – “for strengthening Generali's competitiveness in a very complex scenario through the completion of the integration of Cattolica in full compliance with the expected synergies and a repositioning of Country Italy companies to better serve the distribution channels” - in addition to the “MF Innovation” awards received by Generali Italia and Alleanza. Generali Italia has also received four awards in the “Compagnie di Valore” category for its achievements in the P&C detailed inflows rankings.
- “MF Innovation” award for Generali Innovation Champions Program in the Cross Sviluppo Talenti category; award collected by Filippo Maria Stefania, Assicurazioni Generali Group Open Innovation Manager. The programme aims to create a global team of innovation experts to execute, share and coach the most ambitious product and business models development initiatives across the Group. The selected individuals receive best in class, hands-on training and become part of a global community. To date, over 170 colleagues from more than 20 countries have joined the programme, contributing to the creation of more than 400 ideas and projects, 150 of which have been financed by the Generali Innovation Fund.
- First place for net profit and shareholders’ equity in the Compagnie di valore category; award collected by Massimo Tosoni, Group Accounting Policies, Consolidation and Financial Reporting, Assicurazioni Generali. In 2023, the Group continued to grow profitably thanks to the strong increase in both operating and net results, confirming its solid capital position. Moreover, Generali has benefitted from the transition to the new accounting standards, with the Life business showing steady growth and more predictability.
- “Insurer of the year” award in the “Insurance Elite” category conferred to Giancarlo Fancel, Generali Italia Country Manager & CEO
- “Best Group technological innovation strategy” award for the network’s full digitalisation; award collected by Andrea Cavallero, Generali Italia Country Chief Operations & IT Officer
- “MF Innovation” award in the Prodotto/Servizio Aziende category for “Attiva Professione”; award collected by Marco Oddone, Generali Italia Chief Marketing & Distribution Officer, and Claudio Arni, Generali Italia Head of Offering Development
- Four awards in the Compagnie di valore category: best technical results for Fire and Natural Elements Insurance (award collected by Massimo Monacelli, Generali Italia General Manager); best technical results for Motor (collected by Tommaso Ceccon, Generali Italia Chief Property & Casualty Officer); best technical results in the transported goods sector (collected by Simona Celli, Head of Communication & CSR, Generali Corporate & Commercial Italia); best technical results for Other Damage to Property (collected by Cristian Finotto, Head of Generali Italia SME segment - manufacturing and construction)
- “MF Innovation” award for the “Alleata Previdenza” insurance solution in the Prodotto/Servizio Famiglia e Abitazione category; award collected by Claudia Ghinfanti, Alleanza Assicurazioni Head of Marketing & Communication, and Ivan Mestriner, Alleanza Assicurazioni Head of Life and P&C