- Independent Director
- Non-executive Director
- Chair of the Appointments and Remuneration Committee
- Born in Chiavari (Genoa) on 20 December 1953, Monegasque citizen
Ornella Barra has been a member of the Board of Directors of Generali since 30 April 2013.
Ornella Barra graduated in pharmacy at Genova University and started her career in healthcare. She began as pharmacist, initially running a drugstore and then buying her own. In 1984 she founded the Di Pharma pharmaceutical distribution company, which was subsequently purchased by Alleanza Salute Italia.
Since then she has had multiple roles and responsibilities as member of board of directors of many listed and non-listed companies of the group. These subsequent cycles have led, in 2014, to the creation of Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA), the first global reality in the world for health and well-being with roots in pharmacy.
RELEVANT POSITIONS ACCORDING TO OUR DIRECTORS OVERBOARDING POLICY
- Co-Chief Operating Officer of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc.
- Non independent member of the board of AmerisourceBergen
- Honorary professor at the University of Nottingham School of Pharmacy
- Deputy Chair of the Italian Pharmaceutical Distributors' Association (ADF)
- Chair of the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Wholesalers (IFPW) based in New York
- Member of the board of Efficient Consumer Response Europe
- Member of the International Advisory Council of the Bocconi University