- Independent Director
- Non-executive Director
- Member of the Related Party Transactions Committee
- Member of the Investment Committee
- Born in Catania on 19 March 1965.
Paola Sapienza has been a member of the board of directors of Assicurazioni Generali since April 2010.
After graduating in political economy at Bocconi University, Milan, she continued her studies at Harvard University where she obtained a master’s degree and a PhD in economics. She worked at the Bank of Italy research department and then started her academic career in the USA.
She is specialised in different fields including corporate governance, business finance and banking economics, and has written numerous publications.
RELEVANT POSITIONS FOR OUR POLICY ON THE PLURALITY OF OFFICES
There are no relevant positions for our policy on the plurality of offices.
- She is a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research
- She is director of the American Finance Association
- She holds the Finance Merrill Lynch Professor chair at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University