This section contains the Investor Day presentations.
INVESTOR DAY MAY 2015
The Investor Day, held in London on 27 May, presented the new strategy for the 2015-2018 period to the market, having achieved the expected turnaround from the previous 2013-2015 plan a year ahead of schedule. This strategy envisages a deep transformation of our business model, designed to achieve our ambition of European Retail Insurance leadership. Our focus is on customer service and experience, extensive and more efficient use of data and technology, and superior cash generation.
In financial terms, the group will seek to achieve:
- More than 7 billion euro (cumulative) of total Net Free Cash Flow 2015-2018
- Accumulated dividends of over 5 billion euro over the same period
- Further savings of 0.5 billion euro by 2018 in addition to the 1 billion euro expected by 2016, allowing the group to fund the transformation without increasing nominal costs.
INVESTOR DAY NOVEMBER 2014
The investor day was held in London on 19 November to update the market on the achievement of the 2013-2015 turnaround plan targets and provide a detailed overview of its four key markets: Italy, France, Germany and Central and Eastern Europe.
The Generali Group has successfully achieved most of the targets set for 2015 with outstanding goals within reach or nearing completion.
- Due to the actions implemented by the group over the last two years, the balance sheet has been strengthened and further dividend capacity has been created with the aim of increasing shareholders’ return, with a dividend payout expected to rise above 40% starting from 2015.
- The group is fit to tackle global competition and remains committed to ensuring rewarding, sustainable and progressive shareholder remuneration on a consistent basis in the future.
INVESTOR DAY NOVEMBER 2013
At this event we updated the market on the progress made towards the strategic initiatives announced in January and focused on costs, investments and operations.
Generali has clear plans for delivering a reduced cost base, a more focused investment strategy and greater operational efficiency to drive profitability.
This strategy is designed to improve shareholder returns and overall profitability by refocusing on the Group’s core insurance business, building capital strength, enhancing technical excellence and cost control, and adopting a more client focused approach.
INVESTOR DAY JANUARY 2013
At this event, we presented the group turnaround strategy, which intends to improve shareholder returns to and maximise the value of the business.
The new strategy entails focusing on the core insurance business, strengthening its capital position and profitability levels and adopting a client-led business approach. The 2013 business plan was designed to mark the return to our core insurance business by optimising our geographical footprint, increasing P&C business and obtaining higher profits in the life segment.
The priorities set out in the plan included strengthening the capital position (with a solvency I goal of 160%), to be achieved by re-investing profits, the selective sale of non-core businesses and further actions on the capital base.
Finally, with this business plan, we have started putting the client at the heart of everything in order to establish ourselves as the leading insurance company in the retail and affluent segment.