Charter of sustainability commitments
In 2015 we reviewed the Charter of sustainability commitments, first published in 2013, which identifies the areas of action of Generali’s sustainability strategy.
The Charter, which was approved by the Board of Directors of Assicurazioni Generali in April, identifies the following priority areas of action:
- support the clients to look to the future with greater equanimity and promote resilience of the communities;
- care for socio-demographic change, improving the quality of life of senior people;
- build an inspiring working environment putting people enhancement first;
- contribute to limit climate change and address its effects;
- foster ethics in investments and backing responsible business models;
- promote transparency and widespread sense of responsibility.
The sustainability objectives for the three-year period 2015-2017, which are currently being finalised and will be published after the presentation of the new strategy, are an integral part of the Charter. These objectives have been drawn from the Code of Conduct, the strategy and the business Strategic Plan and have been selected with reference to a number of material topics identified in our materiality matrix.
The progress achieved will be monitored annually and communicated to our stakeholders. The objectives will also be updated, to take account of the results achieved and the new needs that emerge.