Reports and presentations
All corporate documents relating to the annual financial statements, the quarterly reports and company presentations can be found in this section.
Results at June 30, 2016
- Solid half-yearly results confirmed by Life and P&C technical results and level of operating income. Financial performance continues to be impacted by volatile markets and low interest rates
- Premiums at € 37 bln (-2.1%): growth recorded in P&C business (+1.3%); Life segment (-3.5%) still impacted by the volatility of equity markets
- Improved combined ratio to 92.3% (-0.3 p.p.)
- Operating result of € 2.5 bln (-10.5%) and Net profit at € 1.2 bln (-9.9%) due to higher impairments and lower realised gains, as a result of a policy decision in line with the strategy of preserving future profitability in light of current adverse financial market conditions
- Annualised operating RoE at 12.9%
- Solid capital position with Economic Solvency Ratio at 188%; Regulatory Solvency Ratio at 161%
The Generali Group CEO, Philippe Donnet, commented: “The technical performance of our business in the first six months is solid and encouraging, despite the extremely negative market conditions. Our deep technical expertise and management skills allow us to deal effectively with a period characterised by significant markets volatility, low interest rates and the persistence of catastrophic events. As regards our life business, we pursued a disciplined approach, favouring quality and profitability, and not just the growth in volumes. A significant increase was recorded in property&casualty premiums, taking into account the highly competitive context in which we operate, and will allow us to gradually rebalance the portfolio towards this segment, in which we show excellent levels of profitability. These results and the work of all our employees throughout the world confirm our ability to offer our shareholders a return in line with our targets”.