Vision mission and values
Our Vision, Mission, Values and Code of Conduct set the basic expectations for everyone who works on behalf of Generali.
Our purpose is to actively protect and enhance people's lives
- Actively: We play a proactive and leading role in improving people’s lives through insurance.
- Protect: We are dedicated to the heart of insurance - managing and mitigating risks of individuals and institutions.
- Enhance: Generali is also committed to creating value.
- People: We deeply care about our clients’ and our people’s future and lives.
- Lives: Ultimately, we have an impact on the quality of people’s lives: wealth, safety, advice and service are instrumental in improving people’s chosen way of life for the long term.
Our mission is to be the first choice by delivering relevant and accessible insurance solutions
- First choice: Logical and natural action that acknowledges the best offer in the market based on clear advantages and benefits.
- Delivering: We ensure achievement striving for the highest performance.
- Relevant: Anticipating or fulfilling a real life need or opportunity, tailored to local and personal needs and habits, perceived as valuable.
- Accessible: Simple, first of all, and easy to find, to understand and to use; always available, at a competitive value for money.
- Insurance solutions: We aim at offering and tailoring a bright combination of protection, advice and service.
Deliver on the promise
We tie a long-term contract of mutual trust with our people, clients and stakeholders; all of our work is about improving the lives of our clients.
We commit with discipline and integrity to bringing this promise to life and making an impact within a long lasting relationship.
Value our people
We value our people, encourage diversity and invest in continuous learning and growth by creating a transparent, cohesive and accessible working environment. Developing our people will ensure our company’s long term future.
Live the community
We are proud to belong to a global Group with strong, sustainable and long lasting relationships in every market in which we operate. Our markets are our homes.
We are curious, approachable and empowered people with open and diverse mindsets who want to look at things from a different perspective.
Our code of conduct
The Generali Code of Conduct is our guide to doing the right thing. Our Code sets ethical expectations of everybody working for, or on behalf of, Generali all around the world. You can download a copy of our Code in the language of any of the countries in which we operate here.
Having a common set of Values and clear ethical expectations in our Code helps us to make choices in a consistent way and enables our workplace to continue to be an environment where frankness, openness and candour can be relied upon. When anyone is faced with an ethical dilemma, our Values and our Code will guide them.
Our managers are expected to be role models for our Code and to make their teams feel comfortable asking questions about whether certain behaviour or business proposals are in line with our Values and the principles of our Code. In addition, online and instructor led training programmes coupled with a comprehensive communications programme ensure that all our employees are fully aware of the importance of our code and their responsibilities to speak up if they have any concerns.
Everyone is encouraged to voice concerns or ask for clarification on any aspect of our Code. To facilitate this we have both local and group level reporting channels available for people to report any concerns in all of the countries we operate in. Confidentiality is guaranteed and we have zero tolerance for any form of retaliation.