Other European countries, Turkey, Tunisia and Dubai comprise 16% of the Group's premium income and 19% of its operating result.
Key Events in Europe, Africa and Middle East
The EMEA region includes Austria, Belgium, Greece, Guernsey, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey and Dubai and, at present, accounts for 16% of the Group's premium income and 19% of its operating result. In the region overall we have 5 million customers and a sales force of 11,300 agents and 14,800 brokers.
In particular, we have a leading market position in Austria, Spain and Switzerland:
- Austria: We are the 3rd largest insurance group in the country, both in life (with a 14.0% market share) and in P&C (with 16.3%). In Austria, we have a multi-channel distribution strategy, and we operate in the country through Generali Versicherung, BAWAG P.S.K. Versicherung and Europäische Reiseversicherung.
- Spain: Generali España has a 3.7% share in the life segment and 4.3% in the P&C segment, ranking 7th and 6th respectively in the region's insurance market in terms of premium income. In Spain, too, we have a multi-channel distribution strategy.
- Switzerland: Generali Switzerland is the country's 7th largest insurance group in life and 8th in P&C, with a market share of 3.7% and 5.4% respectively. We operate in the country under the brands Generali and Fortuna, focusing on retail customers.
- GENERALI ESPAÑA - SPAIN
- GENERALI SEGUROS - SPAIN
- GENERALI HOLDING VIENNA - AUSTRIA
- GENERALI VERSICHERUNG - AUSTRIA
- GENERALI SCHWEIZ - SWITZERLAND
- GENERALI PANEUROPE - IRELAND
- GENERALI BELGIUM S.A. - BELGIUM
- GENERALI HELLAS INSURANCE COMPANY S.A. - GREECE
- GENERALI WORLDWIDE INSURANCE COMPANY LTD. - GUERNSEY
- GENERALI VERZEKERINGSGROEP N.V. - NETHERLANDS
- GENERALI - COMPANHIA DE SEGUROS S.A. - PORTUGAL
- ASSURANCE MAGHRÉBIA SOCIÉTÉ D'ASSURANCE ET DE RÉASSURANCE S.A. - TUNISIA
- GENERALI SIGORTA A.S. - TURKEY
- ASSICURAZIONI GENERALI - UNITED ARAB EMIRATES