Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to promoting a culture of inclusion that celebrates people’s uniqueness and all kinds of diversity, with particular attention on cultural, gender and generational diversity and disabilities.
In 2017 we:
- set up the Group D&I Council, which is made up of the D&I Champion of each Country, Region or Business Unit and tasked with establishing goals and actions to promote D&I, supporting its implementation in local businesses
- consolidated the Group D&I Specialist Network, which is tasked with supporting the D&I Council in the analysis, preparation of goals and implementation of inclusive actions at local level
- inserted training modules on D&I in the Managerial Acceleration Program (MAP) addressed to 9000 managers with the aim of maximising the value of diversity, teamwork and inclusion
- devised and implemented the “Be bold for women” program. Addressed to 46 international talents, 50% men and 50% women with different levels of seniority, it aims to create a working environment with a greater gender balance
launched the first edition of “Inspiring Leaders on Diversity and Inclusion” in Milan, which was attended by one of the world’s most important businesswomen according to the Fortune list, as well as an influential member of the Generali Board of Directors: Ornella Barra. The 100 participants were selected from among the Group’s managers and leaders.
Goals for 2018:
- define D&I action plans and launch the executive phase
- launch the Group Communication plan which will give visibility to programmes, actions and initiatives
- devise and implement specific webinars on subconscious prejudices and promotion of inclusive management, to support the MAP programme trainers
- devise a programme, dedicated to our leaders, on subconscious prejudices and their impact on decision making
- launch an ad hoc training programme to promote the participation of women in the Boards of Directors
- develop an audit project on HR processes to identify critical issues as regards inclusion
- launch projects to promote interculturality and inclusive mindsets