Gabriele Galateri di Genola
- Chair of Corporate Governance, Social and Environmental Sustainability Committee
- Member of the Investments and Strategic Operations Committee
- Born in Rome on 11 January 1947
Gabriele Galateri di Genola was appointed chairman of Assicurazioni Generali on 8 April 2011.
He holds a degree in law and an MBA from Columbia University. He was appointed CEO of IFIL in 1986 and CEO and general manager of IFI in 1993; subsequently, in 2002, he was appointed CEO of Fiat. From 2003 to June 2007 he was chairman of the board of directors of Mediobanca. From 2003 to 2010 he was vice-chairman and a member of the board of directors of Generali. From 2007 to 2011 he was chairman of Telecom Italia SpA, where he was a member of the board of directors until April 2014. Furthermore, between 26 April 2003 and 24 April 2010 he was director and deputy chairman of Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A..
RELEVANT POSITIONS FOR OUR POLICY ON THE PLURALITY OF OFFICES
- Non-executive member of the board of directors of Moncler
- Non-executive member of the board of directors of Edenred SA
- Non-executive member of the board of directors of Lavazza SpA
- Non-executive member of the board of directors of the Giorgio Cini foundation
- Chairman of the Corporate Governance Committee of Borsa Italiana
- Chairman of the Italian Technology Institute
- Member of the Board of Overseers of the Columbia Business School
- Member of the European Advisory Board of Temasek
For information on Gabriele Galateri di Genola’s shareholdings, see the shareholdings section.