Gabriele Galateri di Genola
- Chair of the Corporate Governance, social and environmental Sustainability Committee
- Member of the Investments Committee
- Born in Rome on 11 January 1947
Gabriele Galateri di Genola was appointed Chairman of Assicurazioni Generali on 8 April 2011. He was reappointed Chair by the Board of Directors on 7 May 2019 and he fully entered in charge on 23 May 2019, when the new article 29.1 of the Articles of association entered into force.
He holds a degree in Law and an MBA from Columbia University. He was appointed CEO of IFIL in 1986 and CEO and General Manager of IFI in 1993; subsequently, in 2002, he was appointed CEO of Fiat. From 2003 to June 2007 he was Chairman of the Board of Directors of Mediobanca. From 2003 to 2010 he was Vice-Chairman and a member of the Board of Directors of Generali. From 2007 to 2011 he was Chairman of Telecom Italia S.p.A., where he was a member of the Board of Directors until April 2014.
RELEVANT POSITIONS ACCORDING TO OUR DIRECTORS OVERBOARDING POLICY
- Non-executive member of the Board of Directors of Moncler S.p.A.
- Non-executive member of the Board of Directors of Edenred S.A.
- Non-executive member of the Board of Directors of Lavazza S.p.A.
- Non-executive member of the Board of Directors of the Giorgio Cini foundation
- Chair of the Board of Directors of Fondazione Generali the Human Safety Net Onlus
- Chair of the Italian Technology Institute
- Member of the Board of Overseers of the Columbia Business School
- Member of the European Advisory Board of Temasek
- Member of the Global Advisory Council of Bank of America Merrill Lynch
For information on Gabriele Galateri di Genola’s shareholdings, see the shareholdings section.