Diversity and Inclusion
We commit to valuing the uniqueness of people and diversity of thought, particularly in relation to generation, gender and geographical differences. We wish to increase diversity and improve inclusion to make our organization even more innovative and capable of interpreting and understanding the changes under way and of turning them into business opportunities.
In the year 2016, several activities were developed aimed at enhancing inclusion:
- creation of an international network of colleagues to facilitate an aligned and consistent approach to diversity and promote a concrete plan of initiatives throughout the Group
- launching of the Breaking bias and building bridges programme, that has involved a considerable number of people from the international HR offices on the topic of unconscious bias and the impact that this may have in decision-making processes, with a focus on people selection, management, promotion and performance management processes
- adhesion to the Alternanza Scuola-Lavoro project for people aged 16 and 17 years, aimed at enhancing the connection between Generali and new generations by accompanying young people in their first experience in the world of employment
- sponsorship of the Imagine Bocconi project, aimed at creating innovative ideas for Generali through a competition (hackathon) among teams of Bocconi students, from different post-graduate courses and of different nationality
- support in the organization of Elle Active Forum, an Italian female empowerment event, the first edition of which was held in Milan and engaged many people from the Group as speakers, coach and participants
- appointment of Frédéric de Courtois as Group D&I Sponsor
In the 2017 our commitment to enhance people’s diversity and inclusion continues through:
- introduction of training courses in all managerial training programmes at Group level for the purpose of maximising the value of diversity, teamwork and inclusion
- launching of the second edition of the Alternanza Scuola-Lavoro project, involving even more schools and company departments
- launching of the Imagine Bocconi project with the participation of students even from international universities
- implementation of D&I Colourful Program, a programme aimed at identifying local projects in order to create awareness and to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion.